Are you Looking for a New Job in Operations Manager Field ?
Vacancy : Operations Manager
Company Location : London SE25
Operations Manager (Electrical Control Room)- Selhurst ECR
About Network Rail
At Network Rail, we’re part of a large family serving millions of passengers and freight users throughout the UK everyday. Our service impacts millions of people and we strive to become more efficient as we enhance, maintain and operate our network.
Our colleagues are encouraged to work flexibly as we know traditional working patterns don’t always fit. If you want to consider working flexibly, just let us know and we’ll do our best to help and invest in your career with us, whilst you have a healthy work life balance.
Manage and direct the day to day performance of the electrical control room operators within set resources and budgets, in accordance with company processes and objectives, to provide professional, safe and reliable delivery of traction and signalling supplies. Provide effective leadership of operational safety and train service delivery.
About the role (External)
1. Manage the leadership and direction of the electrical control room operators to deliver the day-to-day train service including during time of perturbation.
2. Provide leadership and direction to the electrical control room team acting as a role model and mentor, progressing agreed development plans through continual monitoring and review to enhance team performance.
3. Lead the collation of robust contingency plans and implement through planning and liaison with all stakeholders including, Control, Signalling and Customers.
4. Lead the implementation and support development of operational risk mitigation plans, to include, route crime, seasons management and other operational activities.
5. Manage and maintain an effective working partnership with the maintenance, works delivery and capital delivery functions and teams so that activities deliver outputs required for train service delivery.
6. Manage and deliver the adherence to an expenditure budget.
7. Lead local electrical control room compliance with the Operations Manual, the Rule Book and Electrified Line Instructions.
8. Deliver compliance with competency frameworks to deliver a competent electrical control room team.
9. Lead and direct the electrical control room resource to provide support and technical input to the introduction of new technology and electrification schemes so that they are introduced safely and effectively
10. Manage, lead and direct the continuous improvement cycle and input into national improvements for applicable policies and procedures.
11. Effectively coordinate resources to support the achievement of corporate KPIs
Essential Experience of and skilled in leadership and development of people * Experience and competence in operational management Ability to attain rules and regulations competency * Ability to attain Rail Incident Officer * Experience of dealing with Employee Relations Ability to understand financial systems and budgetary tools Hold full driving license IT skills in relation to report writing, corporate IM packages Experience in managing customer needs and requirements
Desirable Understanding corporate governance e.g. procurement rules Understanding of company’s obligations in relations to RSC Understanding in business improvement processes Understanding railway industry structure and responsibility Experience of investigatory skills (Root Cause Analysis)
denotes post holder must attain relevant competency prior to carrying out activity
Salary: £51,156 – £57,551
Closing date: 10th February 2022. – Late applications will not be accepted.
We’re dedicated to creating an inclusive environment and we welcome applications from everyone!
Network Rail is a Disability Confident Leader and we’ll try our best to adapt the process and offer a reasonable alternative to help support people with disabilities access, apply and interview for roles. You can visit Evenbreak’s Career Hive for advice on accessibility support if you’re unsure of the options available. Should you require any reasonable adjustments/modifications, please add a note to your application.
Note: these Jobs are Sourced from Indeed.com and closemile held no responsibility for any error.