Are you Looking for a New Job in Fleet Assistant/Storekeeper SSA3 Field ?
Vacancy : Fleet Assistant/Storekeeper SSA3
Company Location : Dubai
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
WHY WORK AT WFP?
SAVING & CHANGING LIVES ❤
Make a difference the world will notice.
We are driven by our mission to fight world hunger and feed people’s dreams of a brighter future.
Build bridges that unite people across the world.
Being part of a global, diverse and multicultural community like WFP, will continuously expose you to new ideas and perspectives.
How we deliver our mission in deep respect for personal and cultural differences and close collaboration between every member of our global team, will certainly enrich your experience and knowledge on so many levels.
Unlock possibilities you never thought you’d find.
WFP goes anywhere it is needed and does whatever it takes to get the job done.
Reach beyond yourself and discover your true potential.
WFP offers the kind of life-changing experiences you’re unlikely find in many other organizations.
Join us to make a difference
Watch this video to know more about us!!
Position Title: Fleet Assistant/Storekeeper
Contract Type: Special Service Agreement
Level: SSA 3
Duration: 11 months
Salary starts from AED 8,000 per month (all-inclusive) plus medical insurance.
Under the overall guidance and direct supervision of the WFP Centralized Spare Parts Hub Manager (CSPHM), the incumbent, based in Dubai-UAE, shall be responsible for all aspects in warehousing of Global Fleet (GF) under UNHRD premises under the following duties:
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
1. Carries out good standards of warehouse management, according to UNHRD/WFP rules and regulations, in designated warehouse/open areas.
2. Performs the accuracy and integrity of all receiving and shipping procedures, in collaboration with, and in good working relations with UNHRD staff.
3. Responsible for monthly and weekly inspection and light maintenance works on vehicles that may include liquids checks, tyre inflation and replacement, battery charging and replacement, greasing, moving the trucks and trailers and similar actions.
4. Provide support to logistics operations and activities in expediting shipping inbound and outbound by providing initial data to logistics transport unit for all shipping requests.
5. Responsible for processing a limited shipping documentation (Invoice, Packing List) for execution of logistics operations/local customs clearances, ensuring accuracy in preparation of the Non-commercial invoice/packing list.
6. Prepares regular Inventories for all goods GF (spares, vehicles, tools, lubricants).
7. Responsible for use of barcode scanner warehousing system and its link with stock management software.
8. Ensures the personal safety in all premises.
9. Sending out the approved work orders to the nominated external manpower service provider, ensuring shipments preparations are accomplish in time as per plan and submitting to CSPHM the labour time sheets for signing.
10. Monitors the quantity and quality of commodities stored, carries out periodic and random physical warehouse checks of commodities.
11. Identifies stack status per item and if it is less than 20%, informs CSPHM.
12. Maintains, observes and repairs basic warehouse equipment.
13. Carries out packing, including assembling of shipping boxes.
14. Execute the physical inventory exercise.
15. Prepares periodically reports (weekly/monthly/ yearly) and submits timely the reports to the supervisor.
16. Adheres to accurate and complete accounting, reporting of internal control systems and that all relevant records are properly maintained.
17. Carries out all activities for timely dispatch.
18. Urgently refers to her/his supervisor about anomalies (warehouse, open yard) that likely can disrupt or paralyze the activities of the service and breaches procedures
19. Represents the WFP/UNHRD values and portrays a professional image to all customers, and other people she/he meets in the course of hers/his work.
20. Perform any other related duties as assigned by CSPHM.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Completion of secondary school education. Proven ability to use Excel, Word and Outlook. Completion of a post-secondary certificate/diploma in the related technical functional area is an asset. UAE forklift driving license is a requirement. An Automotive Technician Course would be an advantage as well as having a UAE vehicle driving license.
Language: Fluency in both oral and written English Language and preferably basic knowledge of Russian Language.
Experience: At least four years of progressively responsible support experience including at least three years in the field of logistics, mechanics and spare parts management.
4Ps CORE ORGANISATIONAL CAPABILITIES
Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Builds an understanding of WFP’s Strategic Objectives.
Be a force for positive change: Approaches individual tasks and responsibilities with a positive attitude and demeanor.
Make the mission inspiring to our team: Understands the impact of WFP activities in beneficiary communities.
Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Connects individual tasks and responsibilities to unit’s goals and mission.
Look for ways to strengthen people’s skills: Seeks opportunities to build and enhance individual skills.
Create an inclusive culture: Demonstrates respect and understanding for diversity and cultural differences.
Be a coach & provide constructive feedback: Identifies and approaches colleagues or supervisors to serve as coaches.
Create an “I will”/”We will” spirit: Sets clear goals and measurable targets for own tasks and responsibilities.
Encourage innovation & creative solutions: Assesses own tasks and responsibilities to find ways to be more efficient.
Focus on getting results: Maintains accurate records of completion times and tasks in own areas of responsibility.
Make commitments and make good on commitments: Understands responsibilities and the metrics associated with own tasks.
Be Decisive: Notifies supervisors of dangerous situations or potential issues that may arise while in the field or office.
Connect and share across WFP units: Understands WFP’s organizational structure, including the purpose and mission of each unit.
Build strong external partnerships: Supports team in working with colleagues and WFP’s partners in the field toward common goals.
Be politically agile & adaptable: Maintains a professional and courteous relationship with other WFP employees and partners in the field.
Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships: Understands own team’s contributions in its partnerships with internal and external stakeholders.
Capability Name Description of the behaviour expected for the proficiency level
Supply Chain Management and Optimization Displays aptitude at monitoring and reporting on supply chain operations to enable teams to efficiently assess the performance and sustainability of current networks.
Planning, Project & Resource Mgmt Supports the planning, forecasting & resource management efforts of own team by collecting data from diverse sources.
Information Management & Reporting Collates accurate and timely information and data to enable informed decision making on reporting within individual unit and consequently the greater humanitarian community.
Market Analysis, Contracting and Operational Execution Ability to collect and collate necessary information to enable WFP to make informed operational decisions.
Warehouse and Inventory Management Demonstrates ability to carry out day to day activities around warehouse and inventory management in a manner that complies with WFP’s operational warehouse procedures.
Technical Assistance and Coordination Demonstrates awareness of the importance of technical assistance and coordination with key stakeholders and an ability to carry out logistics activities, respecting individual mandates and programme priorities.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
Experience in warehouse management.Experience in inventory management.Experience in data entry and extracting routine reports.|Experience monitoring various aspects of logistics operations.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Only those candidates shortlisted will be notified.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
8 February 2022.
Female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.
Note: these Jobs are Sourced from Indeed.com and closemile held no responsibility for any error.